n. This guy was a phenomenal pitcher. Yeah, thats o | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
dasg234 Aug 12
While the phrase relegation-threatened has been a near-perennial adjective for Sunderland throughout this decade, it wasnt expected that Saturdays match against reigning champions Leicester City would be a six-point belter to help potentially avoid the drop. Wholesale Mavericks Jerseys .Yet thats the situation the Foxes (3-4-6) find themselves as they continue to battle a title-sized hangover in domestic play that is at direct odds with their Champions League success.Claudio Raineris team arrives in the North-East in 14th place, only two points above the drop. Leicester have already secured passage to the round of 16 in the Champions League with a match to spare, but their continental mastery has failed to translate into a robust title defence through the first three-plus months of the season.The Foxes are winless in their last four league matches (0-2-2) following their 2-2 draw versus new boys Middlesbrough last Saturday. Islam Slimanis conversion from the spot at the death secured a point for Leicester, as Riyad Mahrez also scored a penalty on either side of goals by Alvaro Negredo.Given Wednesdays match at Porto will give Ranieri a chance to blood his younger players in Europe -- the Foxes have already secured the top spot in Group G -- their manager is calling on his players to realise the urgency of their Premier League plight.Now, we have to reconnect our brains, he told the clubs official website. They must play with pressure. They must be focused and play with the same character.In the Champions League we are so happy, but in the Premier League we arent happy. Its now important to be focused on the Premier League. We are very focused on what happens in the Premier League.The most glaring difference from last season is the lack of goals from Jamie Vardy, though the striker has been drawing penalties for Leicester. The England international, who set a Premier League record with goals in 11 straight games last season, has gone 17 without for his club since netting at Anfield in a 4-1 loss to Liverpool on Sept. 10.Facing Sunderland, however, could be the perfect opportunity for Vardy to break his duck. He had a second-half brace in the most recent meeting, a 2-0 Leicester City victory at the Stadium of Light on April 10 and contributed the first goal to a 4-2 win Aug. 8, 2015.The Foxes are 2-2-0 in their last four top-flight matches versus the Black Cats and 6-3-1 in the last 10. First-choice goalkeeper Kasper Schemichel is still out with a hand injury but expected to return this month. Midfielder Nampalys Mendy is expected to be at least on the bench for this match as hes recovered from an ankle injury.While Sunderland (2-2-9) are rooted to the bottom of the table, there have been signs of life as David Moyes tries to rebuild the side. They were denied a third straight league win last weekend at Anfield, but the defence was stubborn against the hard-charging Reds in a 2-0 defeat.If you want to win in the Premier League you have to have a sound defence. If you want to stay in the Premier League you have to be good enough defensively, Moyes said. We did a good job, but it wasnt good enough. But I have to praise the players against the quality we were playing, they stuck to their task and came pretty close.The Black Cats picked up their first home win two weeks ago in a 3-0 rout of Hull City that also served as their first clean sheet of the season in league play. Sunderland had been outscored 13-5 while getting just one point from their first five matches there.That win, coupled with their uptick in quality of play late, has them believing they could spring an upset.Leicester City won the league last year but at home its a game we should be aiming to win, midfielder Adnan Januzaj told Sunderlands official website. Just because they were successful last year doesnt mean we have to put ourselves down, and in any game anything can happen. We will head into the weekend confident and hopefully we can take three points. Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Authentic . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. Cheap NBA Jerseys . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. http://www.cheapmavericksjerseys.com/ . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Former major league pitcher Dwight Gooden insisted Tuesday that he is fine and healthy despite former teammate?Darryl Strawberrys comments to the New York Daily News earlier this week that Gooden is a complete junkie-addict.?[I] havent done anything wrong, havent broken the law or anything like that, Gooden said during a Facebook Live chat prior to a Steiner Sports autograph function in New York.Gooden was a no-show on Thursday for a joint public appearance with Strawberry, who said he believes?Gooden has relapsed into the drug use that derailed his career.Gooden wasnt specifically asked about Strawberrys comments on Tuesday, but did speak about the toll his mothers failing health and eventual death in July has had on him, saying he needed treatment and medication to deal with depression in the past couple of months.I wasnt healthy; there were ups and downs and [I had] massive depression because I knew my mom was at the end, Gooden said. Once I got through that and got on the medicine, started talking with people who had some of the same experiences, things got better. Things are going a lot better right now.The?New York Yankees, having seen Strawberrys comments to the Daily News, have reached out and offered to assist with any treatment the 51-year-old Gooden might need.?A lot of individuals have reached out to me, too, but for the Yankees to show that type of support to Doc, Im very grateful to them for that, Strawberry told the Daily News.Ron Dock, Goodens former drug counselor, also told the Daily News that the Yankees reached out in an effort to help Gooden, who played for the Yankees and New York Mets during his 16-season career.They said theyre willing to pay for Dwights treeatment, which is a huge gesture on their behalf, Dock told the Daily News. Cheap Mavericks Jerseys. Theyve always tried to do right by Dwight, going back to George Steinbrenner when he gave him a chance to play again.The Yankees confirmed Tuesday that theyve reached out through others to offer any necessary services or assistance.Gooden?told the Daily News earlier Tuesday that he wasnt using drugs again and theres a lot more to the story than you think.Strawberry, who along with Gooden was the subject of ESPNs 30 for 30 documentary Doc & Darryl, appeared on ESPNs Outside the Lines on Tuesday and remained steadfast in his belief that Gooden is again using drugs and said he was aware of it dating back to the documentary.We did a 30 for 30 and already knew there he was using, Strawberry told OTL. We covered it up and that and we didnt really open ... My thing is that I just want him to get healthy. He doesnt have to go to my treatment centers. Im not looking for publicity. Just get help. Let someone help you.I let people help me, and I think thats what a lot of times other people that are not addicts dont understand addictions. ... Youve never been in the shoes of an addict and know what an addict is struggling with and how deep the darkness is of this life. And when you look at the paper today and the Daily News of him on the cover, look at it for yourself and see where hes at. Hes 51 years old, man. This guy was a phenomenal pitcher. Yeah, thats over with. But hes a drug addict right now, and he needs help.ESPN Staff Writer Andrew Marchand contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '